Every year, fraudsters coax billions of dollars away from American consumers, but here’s some helpful tips for our members to help minimize your risk.
- Use our mobile/home banking services to check and monitor your account balance. If you don’t recognize a charge or purchase, please contact us immediately at 203-791-9399.
- Shred personal documents.
- Don’t give out financial information over the phone. If a person calls and leaves a message and says there’s a problem with your account, contact the credit union during business hours or the phone number listed on the back of the card.
- Don’t wire money. Reputable companies will not ask you to pay them in that way.
- Credit over Debit. If you’re purchasing items online from reputable sites, it’s generally better to use your credit card than debit card.
These are just a few tips to help keep you safe this summer! For more information, visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov.